Apply for Canadian Family Visa: Visa Requirements, Sponsorship and Benefits of Family visa

0 109

Do you live in Canada and you wish to bring your family closer as you work in the country? getting a Canadian family visa to help sponsor your family will go a long way, it will help you bring  to your family to the country where you reside and work without any risk therefore how do you apply for this? is just seeking for ways to apply for Canadian family visa.

Apply for Canadian Family Visa

The Canadian Government always understand that families wish to be together and immigration is permitted for members of the family.

Some family members such as; spouses and dependent children can be included on the initial visa application to Canada.

Others also are parents, grandparents, and others must be sponsored by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

What is Family Sponsorship and how do I go about it?

Yes this sponsorship has a lot to offer, your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada.

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re:

  • At least 18 years old and above
  • Canadian citizen or,
  • person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or,
  • permanent resident of Canada

You can sponsor people like:

  • Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
  • Dependent children
  • Spouse – Outside, Inland, Same-Sex
  • Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
  • parents – (Additional conditions apply)
  • grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
  • brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
  • accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

Canada Family Sponsorship Rundown

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members.

These people you sponsor can become Canadian permanent residents. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada.

Also, if you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.

Therefore, when IRCC receives your PR immigration application, you will receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt also known as an AOR.

This AOR is a confirmation that your application file has been created and you may be given a “AOR date”.  This means the date from when your 6 months intended processing time begins.

Category of Sponsorship (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)

1. Spousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

A Canadian permanent resident or citizen may sponsor their non-Canadian spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner after they have been approved by the IRCC. Sponsorships can be through the Outland or Inland Sponsorship.

2. Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship

This section allows you to sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residency in Canada. You must be able to financially support them and their dependents and be sure that they don’t need social assistance from the government. Potential sponsors must submit documents online in order to qualify.

3. Dependent Child Sponsorship (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)

This sponsorship applies to both adopted and natural-born children, as long as the sponsor and children receive approval from IRCC. Children qualify as dependents if they’re under 22- years old and don’t have a spouse or common-law partner. These section allows the Child or gives the child the chance to become permanent residents in Canada.

Eligibility conditions for child visa:

  • The child must be under 22 years.
  • The dependent child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the sponsor.
  • The child must prove he is dependent on the sponsor/parent for his financial needs.
  • Dependent children who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental condition have no age limit for seeking sponsorship.
  • The sponsor must submit proof of his relationship with the dependent children.
  • The children who are being sponsored must undergo a medical examination and also submit proof that they have no criminal cases.
  • The medical examination should be carry out by a physician who is approve by the Canadian government

4. Orphaned Family Members and Other Siblings (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)

This section allows you to sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild if they’re related to you by blood. Also, if they are or fall under 18 years of age. You can also sponsor one relative (brother, sister, nephew, niece, aunt or uncle) of any age if you don’t have a closer living relative.

Can I fill out one visa application for my whole family?

This is simply a No. Each person must complete and sign the Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257), as well as any other forms needed. Each applicant aged 18 or over must also complete the Family Information form (IMM 5645).

You can submit all family member applications in the same envelope with one payment receipt for the total fee for all of your applications.

Also, Parents or guardians can help children fill out their forms. Parents or guardians must sign the forms for any children under the age of 18.

What is the duration or time period the Sponsorship Application Process can take?

This will depend on the Canadian Immigration Visa Office the application was forwarded, and the type of family member sponsored.
Spouses, common-law partners and dependent children are priorities, and can take about a month, whereas parents and grandparents can take more than three years.

Can I apply separately for my family members?

This is probably a good step and Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.

Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada.

What If My Sponsorship Application is Refused? (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)

If your application for sponsorship is on denial, you can appeal the case to the Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD). This can be within 30 days of the refusal.
If they abandon your case, you should contact a lawyer immediately in order to ensure your appeal is fill on time.

Documents needed for any of this Sponsorship

below are the necessary documents that you need for this sponsorship:

  • Passport & travel history
  • Background documentation
  • Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
  • Completed application & consulate fees

Eligibility Requirements for a Sponsor Interested in Living in Canada

To be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill some requirements to be eligible, like;

The sponsor must:

  1. Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
  2. Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
  3. Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
  4. Be at least 18 years old
  5. Not charged with a serious offence
  6. They are not bankrupt
  7. Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident

Restrictions to this Requirement Process (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)

Note: One may be unable to sponsor your parents or grandparents if they are in any of the below conditions IF:

  • You did not abide by the financial support conditions for another relative you sponsored in the past.
  • Candidate have defaulted on a court support order, such as a child support order.
  • Have ever received benefits/financial support from the Canadian government (except support for a disability)
  • Ever been convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or any offence against a relative.
  • Have ever missed payments, made late payments, or defaulted on an immigration loan.
  • If you are currently in prison.
  • You are currently say to be bankrupt.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.