Do you live in Canada and you wish to bring your family closer as you work in the country? getting a Canadian family visa to help sponsor your family will go a long way, it will help you bring to your family to the country where you reside and work without any risk therefore how do you apply for this? is just seeking for ways to apply for Canadian family visa.
The Canadian Government always understand that families wish to be together and immigration is permitted for members of the family.
Some family members such as; spouses and dependent children can be included on the initial visa application to Canada.
Others also are parents, grandparents, and others must be sponsored by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
What is Family Sponsorship and how do I go about it?
Yes this sponsorship has a lot to offer, your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada.
You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re:
- At least 18 years old and above
- Canadian citizen or,
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or,
- permanent resident of Canada
You can sponsor people like:
- Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
- Dependent children
- Spouse – Outside, Inland, Same-Sex
- Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
- parents – (Additional conditions apply)
- grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
- brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
- another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
- accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Canada Family Sponsorship Rundown
If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members.
These people you sponsor can become Canadian permanent residents. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada.
Also, if you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.
Therefore, when IRCC receives your PR immigration application, you will receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt also known as an AOR.
This AOR is a confirmation that your application file has been created and you may be given a “AOR date”. This means the date from when your 6 months intended processing time begins.
Category of Sponsorship (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
1. Spousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
A Canadian permanent resident or citizen may sponsor their non-Canadian spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner after they have been approved by the IRCC. Sponsorships can be through the Outland or Inland Sponsorship.
2. Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
This section allows you to sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residency in Canada. You must be able to financially support them and their dependents and be sure that they don’t need social assistance from the government. Potential sponsors must submit documents online in order to qualify.
3. Dependent Child Sponsorship (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
This sponsorship applies to both adopted and natural-born children, as long as the sponsor and children receive approval from IRCC. Children qualify as dependents if they’re under 22- years old and don’t have a spouse or common-law partner. These section allows the Child or gives the child the chance to become permanent residents in Canada.
Eligibility conditions for child visa:
- The child must be under 22 years.
- The dependent child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the sponsor.
- The child must prove he is dependent on the sponsor/parent for his financial needs.
- Dependent children who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental condition have no age limit for seeking sponsorship.
- The sponsor must submit proof of his relationship with the dependent children.
- The children who are being sponsored must undergo a medical examination and also submit proof that they have no criminal cases.
- The medical examination should be carry out by a physician who is approve by the Canadian government
4. Orphaned Family Members and Other Siblings (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
This section allows you to sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild if they’re related to you by blood. Also, if they are or fall under 18 years of age. You can also sponsor one relative (brother, sister, nephew, niece, aunt or uncle) of any age if you don’t have a closer living relative.
Can I fill out one visa application for my whole family?
This is simply a No. Each person must complete and sign the Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257), as well as any other forms needed. Each applicant aged 18 or over must also complete the Family Information form (IMM 5645).
You can submit all family member applications in the same envelope with one payment receipt for the total fee for all of your applications.
Also, Parents or guardians can help children fill out their forms. Parents or guardians must sign the forms for any children under the age of 18.
What is the duration or time period the Sponsorship Application Process can take?
Can I apply separately for my family members?
This is probably a good step and Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.
Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada.
What If My Sponsorship Application is Refused? (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
Documents needed for any of this Sponsorship
below are the necessary documents that you need for this sponsorship:
- Passport & travel history
- Background documentation
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
- Other proof of relationship
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
- Completed application & consulate fees
Eligibility Requirements for a Sponsor Interested in Living in Canada
To be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill some requirements to be eligible, like;
The sponsor must:
- Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
- Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
- Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not charged with a serious offence
- They are not bankrupt
- Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
Restrictions to this Requirement Process (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
Note: One may be unable to sponsor your parents or grandparents if they are in any of the below conditions IF:
- You did not abide by the financial support conditions for another relative you sponsored in the past.
- Candidate have defaulted on a court support order, such as a child support order.
- Have ever received benefits/financial support from the Canadian government (except support for a disability)
- Ever been convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or any offence against a relative.
- Have ever missed payments, made late payments, or defaulted on an immigration loan.
- If you are currently in prison.
- You are currently say to be bankrupt.
Travel to USA from Canada: Requirements on Canada – US Embassy & Consulates Embassy & Consulates
Making a trip to USA is obviously one of the dreams of many people, you get to enjoy many benefits the country has to offer with great opportunities, on that note it is possible for some Canada citizens to travel to USA from Canada for greener pastures. however, all applicants must be able to have a full approved documents before they make head for the trip and must be ready to meet up with the regulations of the embassy to make their trip successful. (more…)
Work in US while You wait for Your Green Card: FAQs, Work Permit, Green Card Application and possible Requirements for the Green Card Visa
Every immigrant staying and working in Us would always jump to this offer anytime it shows up, getting a US green card visa is not quiet easy but there are easy ways and steps to secure the visa while you work in the country, therefore if you ever think of how possible it is for you to work in US while you wait for your green card visa then maybe you should consider reading this article as we dish out a little information of the eligibility and requirements status for a green card visa as you stay in US. (more…)
American Family Visa Application: USA Visa, Family-Based Immigration & Requirements
Do you live and work in USA? living in USA as a permanent residents offers you with good opportunities and benefits to enjoy in the country even as you work in any company or organization, therefore one of the benefits you can get as a permanent worker resident is to be able to seek for an American family visa application for your family members to join you. This is one of the things ,most workers enjoy and would like their family members to come to one of the best countries of the world. (more…)
Work Permit3 months ago
Jobs For College Students- Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students
Abroad Visa9 months ago
100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship – Official Sponsorship Approval
Featured4 months ago
Top 7 Guide on How to start up an organic farm in Nigeria
Study Abroad4 months ago
US Embassy Scholarships Awards for International and African Students
Featured7 months ago
Top 4 Tips on How to start a Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Abroad Visa4 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023 >> Where | When | How to Gain US Green Card Award
Featured3 months ago
Insurance Companies in USA: List of the Companies and their Coverage Terms
Featured4 months ago
Top 4 ways on How to grow spring onions without soil