Apply for UK Work Visa: UK Work Permit Information, Types and Visa Requirements

0 127

If you have the zeal of working in UK and starting up a new life in UK then the best thing to do is to get to or apply for UK work visa. There are a lot of things you stand to gain as a worker in UK, therefore on that note, this article presents more information, visa types, and requirements you need for the UK work visa.

Apply for UK Work Visa

UK is an amazing country that has large share of world’s abroad workers with a highly developed and market-orientated economy.

The country (UK) offers to employees not only vacant jobs and high salaries but also good working conditions where worker’s rights are respected.

However, it is not easy to move to the United Kingdom and get a job. Why? there are a lot of procedures that one needs to complete and conditions to meet in order to be able to work in the UK.

One of the basic main components of being able to work in the UK is getting the right kind of work visa.

This is why it is good to travel with the right work visas for UK, depending on your profession and qualifications.

Can I work in the UK?

Yes, if you’re a citizen of an EU/EFTA country, you have the right to live in the UK and work without a work visa. All non-EU/EFTA citizens need a UK work visa.

However, the situation becomes bad if people from some countries are able to enter the UK and stay for up to six months without a visa.

They will definitely find it difficult to work in UK if they did not arrive with the right documents.

Requirements to Obtain UK Work Visas

The requirements for a United Kingdom working visa vary based on which tier and visa your employees need.

All general work visa applicants must have an employer or a licensed sponsor. below are the requirements to obtain a UK visa:

  • Proof of accommodation
  • Detailed travel itinerary
  • Tuberculosis test results
  • An application form
  • Two color photographs taken within the past six months
  • A valid passport
  • Proof of financial means to cover UK living costs
  • Biometric information
  • A visa invitation letter if the individual is staying with a friend or family member
  • Paid UK visa fees
  • Certified translations of any document that’s not in English or Welsh.

Types of UK work visa & Details (Apply for UK Work Visa)

Below are the types of UK work visa available:

Tier 1 Visa: Exceptional Talent

This visa is for those recognized as leaders in science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology, and the arts. This needs to be endorsed by the UK Home Office and very few of these visas are issued each year. It is valid for up to five years and can be extended for another five years.

Tier 2 Visa: General

The general visa is for those who have been offered a skilled job and been sponsored by a licensed organization related to their employment. It is valid for up to six years.

Tier 2 Visa: Intra-company Transfer

This visa for those whose overseas employer has offered them a transfer to a UK branch, on condition of sponsorship. The visa can be valid for between six months and nine years, depending on the position offered.

Tier 2 Visa: Minister of Religion

A visa for those who have been offered a job within a faith community, on condition of sponsorship. The visa is valid for up to three years and have option for expansion.

Tier 2 Visa: Sportsperson (Apply for UK Work Visa)

This visa is for elite sportspeople or qualified coaches endorsed by their sport’s national governing body. The visa is valid for up to three years and can be extended for a further three years.

Tier 5 Visa: Temporary Worker

A visa for those engaging in temporary work as a charity volunteer, sports person or creative worker, religious worker, etc. The temporary work visa is valid for between 1 and 2 years, depending on the purpose.

Tier 5 Visa: Youth Mobility Scheme (Apply for UK Work Visa)

A visa for those aged 18-30 from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, or Taiwan who have at least £1,890 in savings. The visa is valid for up to two years.

More or Alternative UK Work Visas

Other United Kingdom work visas are:

  • Representative of an Overseas Business UK visa: You can apply for this visa if you are the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch. Employees of overseas media posted on a long-term assignment to the UK are also eligible.
  • Turkish Businessperson UK visa: This visa is for Turkish nationals who want to move to the UK to start a new business or to help run an already established business.
  • UK Ancestry visa: This visa permits you to get a job in the UK, if you are a Commonwealth citizen applying from outside the UK. You must prove that at least one of your grandparents was born in the UK.
  • Domestic Workers in a Private Household UK visa: Domestic worker in a private household that wish to visit the UK with their employer can apply for this visa.
  • Turkish Worker UK visa: This visa is for Turkish nationals who have worked in the UK for at least one year as the spouse of a settled person.
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visa: This is a visa that can be used for short-term paid work in the UK without sponsorship. Valid for one month.

Can I work in the UK as a self-employed individual? (Apply for UK Work Visa)

The below visa types are for people who wants to work in UK as self employed personnel.

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

Visa for those who want to set up or run a business in the UK, have access to at least £50,000 of investment funds. The visa is valid for three years and can be extended for up to an additional three years.

Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa

Visa for graduates with business ideas that and endorsed by either the UK Department for International Trade. The visa is valid for one year and can be extended for a further year.

Tier 1 (Investor) visa

Visa for those willing to invest at least £2 million in the UK. The visa is valid for three years and can be extended for a further two years.

Work visas for training placements and volunteers (Apply for UK Work Visa)

If you are coming to the UK from a non-EU/EFTA country for the purposes of training or volunteering, you can apply under the Tier 5 (Temporary) visa.

You can also enter the UK for training purposes under a short-term study visa which is valid for six months.

Students Working in the UK

If you are a non-EU/EFTA national studying in the UK on a Tier 4 student visa, you are permitted to work in the UK under the student visa in most jobs.

Students under 18 who are studying at an independent private school on the Tier 4 (Child) student visa may work up to 10 hours a week.

UK Work Visa Requirements (Apply for UK Work Visa)

Candidates who are non-EU/EFTA national wanting to work in the UK, you need an appropriate work permit.

Most of the UK work visas require sponsorships from a local employer, UK work visas are currently unavailable to casual or low-skilled employment.

You also need to apply for a biometric residence permit if you’re staying in the UK for longer than six months.

These groups of people are free from UK work visa;

  • diplomats who were outside of the UK when offered the post
  • overseas government ministers on official business
  • members of Commonwealth or Overseas Territories armed forces posted to the UK
  • officials working for a head of state

Application Process for UK work visa

Firstly, your employees should apply for a UK visa three months before they want to begin working for you.

Visa application processing can take up to three weeks, so it’s important to apply early at an application center.

You can decide to apply online through the UK Home Office Visas and Immigration Services website.

You can submit your visa application at the UK visa application center in your home country. There is a list of UK visa application centers worldwide.

Visa processing times vary according to visa type and where you’re applying from. The UK Visas and Immigration offers information on managing your application.

When you arrive in the UK, you may need to register your visa with the police. Yes, you’ll receive information about this in your UK visa sticker or letter from the UK Home Office.

Your work visa length depends on the length of your employment contract. You may extend it if you don’t exceed the maximum length for your visa type.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.