British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships for Malaysian Students in UK
Learn and know how to obtain a legit scholarship on British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships 2022 for Malaysian Students in the UK. You can go about this following the guidelines on How to and the official requirements you need to Apply Now.
British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships
The British Council is now accepting applications for GREAT Scholarships for Malaysian students for the year 2019. The scheme is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign, the British Council, and participating universities in the UK.
It provides funding opportunities to prospective students from a selected number of countries who will enroll into UK universities in the autumn of 2022.
The ‘GREAT Scholarships 2021 – Malaysia’ scheme encourages and supports individuals to pursue higher education in the UK.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships Description
Applications Deadline: Open for applications
Course Level: This scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate study in the UK.
Study Subject: Students can apply for taught postgraduate courses in subjects including law, business, art and design, biosciences, IT and more at five institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Scholarship Award: Totaling almost £100,000.
Nationality: Scholarships are available for Malaysian students.
Number of Scholarships: The inaugural GREAT Scholarships 2019 – Malaysia scheme offers ten taught postgraduate scholarships to qualifying Malaysian students, totaling almost £100,000.
Scholarship can be taken at five institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Government-funded UK scholarships for international students (British Council GREAT Postgraduate)
- British Chevening Scholarships – UK scholarships for international students funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organizations. The scholarships provide full or part funding for full-time graduate programs in any subject.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries – Scholarships for international students from developing countries in the Commonwealth, for studies at master’s and PhD level. The full list of eligible countries is available here.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities – UK scholarships for international students undertaking taught master’s programs in the UK. Programs studied must be demonstrably relevant to the development of technology, economy or society within the student’s country of origin.
- Marshall Scholarships – Postgraduate scholarships for US students showing academic merit, leadership potential and ambassadorial potential to study in the UK. Excludes MBAs and certain courses.
Non-governmental UK scholarships for international students
- CastleSmart Scholarship – Estate agent CastleSmart offers £6,000 annually for an undergraduate student in the UK (open to all nationalities). Applicants must create a compelling YouTube video outlining their study and career plans.
- Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship – A $2,000 prize is available to a student currently enrolled in the UK or another study destination as a high school, undergraduate or graduate student. You will need to submit an essay to apply and the scholarship is open to all nationalities.
- Euraxess UK – Euraxess is an initiative of the European Commission, providing support for researchers in Europe. The UK branch of the scheme is run by the British Council, offering various graduate research scholarships for international students from around the world.
- The Royal Society Grants – Various grants and fellowships are available for talented researchers in the UK and beyond.
Postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions (British Council GREAT Postgraduate)
- Royal Agricultural University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Bristol
- University of Derby
- The University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bangor University
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Cranfield University
- Imperial College, London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- The University of Kent
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
Eligibility for the Scholarship (British Council GREAT Postgraduate)
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Malaysia.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- Be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- Active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
Things to consider when you want to check your eligibility
Are you a Malaysian passport holder?
Do you plan to pursue taught postgraduate studies in the UK?
Is the course that you have applied for or are applying for starting in September 2019?
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure (British Council GREAT Postgraduate)
How to Apply: Step I: Check your eligibility
- Are you a Malaysian passport holder?
- Do you plan to pursue taught postgraduate studies in the UK?
- Is the course that you have applied for or are applying for starting in September 2019?
Step II: Browse listed universities/scholarships and click on specific items to access detailed information
Third Step: Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on individual universities’ scholarship webpages
Step IV: Winning scholars will be informed by individual universities on the results of their applications
Finally, Funding of the scholarships will be to winning scholars by individual universities after registration
How to Apply
- Filter the universities listed by Malaysia on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships –