To become a fuel station manager or assistant is a very lucrative job which gives you the opportunity to know more about what is happening in the oil and gas sector, you get to manage a lot of activities from sales, delivery, packaging, office communication, adjustment in prices, goods labelling, customer’s relationship, recruit more staffs, negotiate other goods and sales, manage staff activities, keeping down records etc, therefore securing a job to become a fuel station manager will foster a lot of experience and knowledge in the long run. The question is are you ready to become a fuel station manager? If you have interest in this then let’s hit the road…
First of all, who is a Gas Station Manager?
A gas station manager, also known as a fuel station manager, oversees the fuel and store operations at a gas station.
Gas stations are in every area, region, states or country, sometimes, they are even across the street from each other.
The station manager is responsible for making a station stand out from the rest by carrying out specific duties to keep it running as smoothly as possible.
Sometimes their job may have a shift with other employees. Therefore as a manager. you are also responsible for managing sales at your gas station and making sure employees are meeting sales quotas.
Furthermore, their responsibilities include meeting customers’ needs, maintaining the facilities, and helping people pump gas in their cars as needed.
Other duties include counting inventory and ordering merchandise, including snacks, drinks, cigarettes, and toiletries.
Finally, a station manager can supervise employees, which entails training new workers and creating the work schedule.
A Gas Station Manager’s Salary
Based on Economic Research Institute, in the U.S., a gas station manager makes approximately $80,625 a year or $39 an hour on average.
The salary range for a manager with at least a high school education is between $57,169 and $99,821.
However, this varies based on station’s location, skills required, type of station and how many years experience the applicant has.
Few Activities carried out by a Fuel Station Managers (Fuel Station Manager)
- Greet and receive customers and guests in a courteous manner.
- Answer and resolve customer needs and objectives.
- Ensure joyous experience to customers and guests through cool pleasant services.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings and events to enhance quality in services.
- Hire, recruit and train service station staff.
- Maintain good relationships with the vendors and suppliers.
- Bill and collect payments from customers for services rendered.
- Assign, schedule and monitor the tasks of service station personnel.
- Maintain inventory controls of materials, items and products.
- Maintain the service station premises in a neat and organized manner.
Category of Skills available on this Section
- Basic Math Skills: The ability to develop and successfully follow a budget and make payroll.
- Analytical Prowess: The ability to be a good judge of character is needed for successful hires and in solving problems during work hours.
- Customer Service Skills: The ability to interact with customers, employees and vendors to ensure smooth transactions in a friendly and positive manner
- Leadership Skills: The ability to resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions when necessary while keeping employees motivated and organized
- Time Management Skills: The capacity for creating schedules and making sure daily responsibilities are met.
- Communication Skills: Writing or speaking competency to ensure successful interactions with the public, employees and vendors.
Overall Details on Skills and Responsibilities of Fuel station Manager (Fuel Station Manager)
- Supervise merchandise displays: Work closely together with visual display staff to decide how items should be displayed, in order to maximize customer interest and product sales.
- Measure customer feedback: Evaluate customer’s comments in order to find out whether customers feel satisfied or dissatisfied with the product or service.
- Set up pricing strategies: Apply methods used for setting product value taking into consideration market conditions, competitor actions, input costs, and others.
- Organize operations within the fuel station: Schedule and direct the daily activities in a fuel station.
- Ensure customer focus: Attitude that puts customers at the center of the business in all cases.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers: Build a lasting and meaningful relationship with suppliers and service providers in order to establish a positive, profitable and enduring collaboration, co-operation and contract negotiation.
- Set sales goals: build goals and objectives to be reached by a sales team within a period of time such as the target amount of sales made and new customers found.
- Oversee promotional sales prices: Make sure that sale prices and promotions are passed through the register as they should.
- Oversee delivery of fuel: Oversee or takes care of and deliveries to service station.
- Use different communication channels: Use various types of communication channels such as verbal, handwritten, digital and telephonic communication with the aim of constructing and sharing information and ideas.
- Manage financial transactions of fuel station: Report fuel transactions and supplies purchases; operate computerized cash registers; process credit card transactions and cash purchases etc.
- Adjust fuel prices in line with company procedures: Monitor fuel prices on a daily basis and adjust whenever necessary; ensure compliance to company procedures.
Also… (Fuel Station Manager)
- Obtain relevant licenses: Comply with specific legal regulations, e.g. install the necessary systems and provide the necessary documentation, in order to obtain the relevant license.
- Ensure correct goods labelling: Ensure that goods are labeled with all necessary labeling information (e.g. legal, technological, hazardous and others) regarding the product.
- Maintain relationship with customers: Build a lasting and meaningful relationship with customers in order to ensure satisfaction and fidelity by providing accurate and friendly advice and support.
- Monitor customer service: Ensure all employees are providing excellent customer service in accordance to company policy.
- Order supplies: Command products from relevant suppliers to get convenient and profitable products to purchase.
- Prepare reports on fuel sold in fuel station: Prepare and make up regular reports on the types and amounts of fuel, oil and other accessories sold in fuel stations over a period of time.
- Adhere to organizational guidelines: Adhere to organizational or department specific standards and guidelines. Understand the motives of the organization and the common agreements and act accordingly.
- Manage budgets: Conduct cost estimates and budget planning. Monitor the budget, as well as costs and expenses. Forecast the budget development continuously. Report on the budget.
- Recruit employees: Hire new employees by scoping the job role, advertising, performing interviews and selecting staff in line with company policy and legislation.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing and contracting regulations: Implement and monitor company activities in compliance with legal contracting and purchasing legislations.
- Enforce fuel storage regulations: Enforce fuel storage regulations, in accordance with governmental and environmental policies and regulations.
Again… (Fuel Station Manager)
- Manage staff: Manage employees and subordinates, to maximize their performance and contribution. Schedule their work and activities, give instructions, motivate and direct the workers to meet the company objectives. Monitor and measure how an employee undertakes their responsibilities and how well these activities are executed. Identify areas for improvement and make suggestions to achieve this.
- Supervise employees on operating fuel pumps: Supervise employees activities on operating the fuel pumps and ensure the safety of their operations.
- Study sales levels of products: Collect and analyze sales levels of products and services in order to use this information for determining the quantities to be produce in the following batches, customer feedback, price trends, and the efficiency of sales methods.
- Negotiate buying conditions: Negotiate terms such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery terms with vendors and suppliers in order to ensure the most beneficial buying conditions.
- Manage theft prevention: Apply theft and robbery prevention; monitor security surveillance equipment; enforce security procedures if needed.
- Apply procurement: Undertake ordering of services, equipment, goods or ingredients, compare costs and check the quality to ensure optimal payoff for the organization.
- Negotiate sales contracts: Come to an agreement between commercial partners with a focus on terms and conditions, specifications, delivery time, price etc.
- Maximize sales revenues: Increase possible sales volumes and avoid losses through cross-selling, upselling or promotion of additional services.
Top Bad Credit Loans: Instant Loans with No Credit Check and Online Approval
Are you experiencing a sure top bad credit loans? Yea, there are far more stressful experiences in life, but the financial ones can be crucial as life and death. A financial emergency may have a devastating toll on you in more ways than one. So much so that if you don’t solve it, you may lose valuable possessions, leave loved ones, or end up homeless. Whatever the case, if you are struggling with bad credit, on top of that, getting a quick loan from a regular bank can sound like a fantasy scenario. However, you can overcome this peculiar challenge and regain your happiness through lending platforms. (more…)
Antarctica Travel Insurance: Insurance Requirements, Policies, Logistics & Expeditions in Antarctica
Do you know about Antarctica? have you ever travelled to Antarctica? well if you have the opportunity to travel to Antarctica then i will advise you to accept this offer and make a trip to Antarctica but it will be nice to to get an Antarctica travel insurance so as to keep you safe and secure as you travel to the country (Antarctica). Antarctica travel insurance can help cover trip cancellation, curtailment, or interruption as the case may be. (more…)
Ecuador Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance Requirements and Guides on Travelling to Ecuador
Do you love south American countries? do you know Ecuador? If you have interest for this then get an Ecuador travel insurance today and travel to one of the South American countries that the world recognizes with good technologies, research centers and places where your business can expand and move to the next level. However you must try to meet up with the right travel requirements for your trip to Ecuador. It (Ecuador) is a country of extensive and unique wildlife as well as unusual natural monuments, famed rainforests like the Amazon as well as some spectacular active volcanoes. (more…)
Work Permit5 months ago
Jobs For College Students- Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students
Abroad Visa11 months ago
100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship – Official Sponsorship Approval
Featured6 months ago
Top 7 Guide on How to start up an organic farm in Nigeria
Study Abroad5 months ago
US Embassy Scholarships Awards for International and African Students
Abroad Visa5 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023 >> Where | When | How to Gain US Green Card Award
Featured9 months ago
Top 4 Tips on How to start a Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Featured5 months ago
Insurance Companies in USA: List of the Companies and their Coverage Terms
Featured6 months ago
Top 11 most lucrative agricultural and farming business ideas in U.S.A