The CCIMI invites applications for fully funded PhD studentships in Mathematics of Information. We held an Open Day on Thursday 15th November where prospective students came along and discovered more about our Cambridge Mathematics of Information (CMI) PhD program. Further information is available on our.
CCIMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships in the Mathematics
The advance of data science and the solution of big data questions heavily relies on fundamental mathematical techniques and in particular, their intra-disciplinary engagement.
This is at the heart of the center for the Mathematics of Information which involves mathematical expertise ranging from statistics, applied & computational analysis, to topology and discrete geometry – all with the common goal of advancing data science questions.
Alongside this, specific questions which feed into fundamental methodology development arise naturally in applications we focus on in interdisciplinary engagements.
For instance, economists and social scientists on questions about financial markets and the internet, with physicists and engineers on software and hardware development questions in the context of security, imaging, and structured data processing, as well as biomedical scientists on data science in healthcare and biology.
More info – CCIMI invitation on Funded PhD Studentships
Both this general advancement of data science, and its applications to specific questions is realized by key mathematical expertise represented in the institute including:
- inverse problems,
- convex analysis,
- sparse optimization
- stochastic analysis
- compressed sensing
- sampling theory
- approximation theory
- random matrices
- harmonic analysis
- partial differential equations
- functional analysis
- quantum computation
- discrete geometry
- graph theory.
We welcome applications for studentships relating to projects and subject areas covering all aspects of the broad field of mathematics of information. Further information on some of the projects currently being investigated by students and faculty can be found on our website, linked here.
The Cantab Capital Institute for the Mathematics of Information is hosted within the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Cambridge and is a collaboration between DAMTP and DPMMS.
It accommodates research activity on fundamental mathematical problems and methodology for understanding, analyzing, processing and simulating data. Data science research performed in the Institute is on the highest international level, aiming to extract the relevant information from large- and high-dimensional data
Eligibility (Funded PhD Studentships)
The academic requirements for entry to this PhD are a first-class honors degree, awarded after a four-year course in mathematics or related subject, or a three-year degree with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced mathematics or related subject. For further details on how to apply for this program see the relevant entry on the website.
- The scheme is open to applicants from all countries.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The academic requirements for entry to this PhD are a first-class honours degree, awarded after a four-year course in mathematics or related subject, or a three-year degree with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced mathematics or related subject.
- The usual minimum entry requirement is a first-class honours degree, awarded after a four-year course in mathematics or mathematics-related subject, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced mathematics or a mathematics-related subject. Part III (MMath/MASt) of the Mathematical Tripos provides such a course. Note, however, that entry is competitive and a higher level of preparation may be required.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Funding (Funded PhD Studentships)
Fully funded PhD Studentships do include University Composition Fees and maintenance for the duration of your course to match the RCUK minimum level. The scheme is open to applicants from all countries.
- Applications Deadline: Jan three, 2022
- Course Level: Studentships area unit out there to pursue Doctor of Philosophy program.
- Study Subject: Studentships area unit awarded in fields of arithmetic of data.
- Scholarship Award: office offers:
- Fully funded Doctor of Philosophy Studentships does embody University Composition Fees and maintenance for the length of your course to match the RCUK minimum level.
- The theme is hospitable candidates from all countries.
- Nationality: The theme is hospitable candidates from all countries.
- Number of Scholarships: ranges not given
- Scholarship may be taking within Britain.
Popular searched mathematics scholarships
- Mathematics Scholarships 2021
- math scholarships for high school juniors
- scholarships in mathematics
- grants for female math majors
- college scholarships mathematics
- undergraduate mathematics scholarships
- graduate mathematics scholarships
- mathematics scholarships for high school seniors
Women mathematics scholarships
- Mathematics National Scholarships at University of Waterloo, Canada, 2021
- Microsoft Diversity Conference Scholarship
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2021 | USA
- Milliman Opportunity Scholarship 2021
- STEM International Scholarship for Women at Southern Cross University, Australia
- 50 Mathematics Scholarships For National and International Students
- 19 Undergraduate Scholarships for Mathematics Students
Route for application (Funded PhD Studentships)
Apply using the standard PhD application procedure via the University’s Graduate Admissions website.
It is very strongly encouraging that applications are receive(d) by 3rd January 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be interview(ed) – the date for interviews will be communicated once shortlisting has taken place.
Please contact email@example.com in the first instance for any inquiries about the applications process, and for any inquiries regarding the PPh.D.programme.
How to Apply:
- Apply using the standard PhD application procedure via the University’s Graduate Admissions website (https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/directory/mapmpdmal); and
- Send an expression of interest letter to cmi-at-maths.cam.ac.uk which explains why you are interested in this course.
Student Travel Insurance: Insurance Protection for all Students & Student Travel Policies
We all know what an insurance company is all about and its help towards safeguarding life and properties of the insured, however today we can also learn that insurance protection and safeguarding does not end there because of the effective activities carried out for the student travel insurance. Now this is an insurance for scholars all over the world and international students can benefit for this policy if they were insured, a student travel insurance stands by you in taking that risk during your traveling activities. (more…)
Dissertation Research Grant at Oncology Nursing Foundation in the USA
Dissertation Research Grant is available for you at Oncology Nursing Foundation in the USA. Meanwhile, here are more details you need to Know about 2022 Dissertation Research Grant Application, (more…)and more.
South African Online Degree Application and Requirements
Free South African Online Degree Application and requirements; start a study today and get a degree in South Africa. South Africa as a country is one of the best countries to visit in Africa with many unique cultural practices and unique African style of studies as well. South Africa has offered a free online college with the basic equipment. (more…)
Work Permit2 months ago
Jobs For College Students- Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students
Abroad Visa8 months ago
100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship – Official Sponsorship Approval
Featured2 months ago
Top 7 Guide on How to start up an organic farm in Nigeria
Study Abroad2 months ago
US Embassy Scholarships Awards for International and African Students
Featured6 months ago
Top 4 Tips on How to start a Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Abroad Visa2 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023 >> Where | When | How to Gain US Green Card Award
Featured3 months ago
Top 11 most lucrative agricultural and farming business ideas in U.S.A
Featured2 months ago
Top 4 ways on How to grow spring onions without soil