Germany Travel Insurance: Information Guide and Insurance for Visitors & Tourists in Germany
One of the Europe best countries with good benefits in terms of work and studies is Germany, there are a lot of things out there to achieve and people would really love to obtain many of them during their stay in Germany, therefore getting a Germany travel insurance gets you covered as you make your trip to Germany. In addition to that, Germany is a dream country for every tourist. The country is also known for beautiful castles and palaces, finger-licking good bread, and endless types of beer.
Therefore, from the aforementioned statement, Germany is one of the safest countries in the world with the best benefits.
Moreover, tourists are always a bit more careless about the heat, the cold, or what they are eating, thus always exposed to catching a cold etc.
The Idea of Travelling to Germany
If you are planning to visit Germany anytime soon, then you need to start getting ready for more adventures. However, you may need a few tips and advice about a trip to Germany, prior to your departure.
Germany is the Schengen Area’s most populous nation and is incredibly diverse both in its geography and people.
Spreading off from the industrial towns of the north, to the incredible natural beauty of the south – with the Black Forest etc.
Travel insurance for Germany is not just a valuable asset to have with especially while travelling to Germany. However, for citizens of countries who need a visa to enter Germany, is a strict requirement in order to be granted a German visa.
Note: If you are travelling to Germany, even for a short period of time, you need to complete all the requirements beforehand and travel insurance is one of them.
German Travel Insurance Plan Best for You
It is a know fact that different individuals have different needs, one can’t say a health insurance provider is the absolute best.
However, there are health insurance providers in Germany that are affordable and provide great coverage at the same time.
For example, if you are applying for a German Schengen visa, you will have to look for specific health insurance providers that fulfil all the German visa requirements.
A good option you could consider is PROVISIT-VISUM.
Some of the benefits of travel health insurance plan;
- It complies with all the German visa requirements.
- Also suitable for both visitors and hosts.
- It is health insurance without a deductible.
- They offer online conclusions and immediate confirmation.
What is Germany Travel Visa Insurance?
Germany travel insurance is a mandatory health insurance plan for travelers and visitors that covers your medical needs while in Germany. This insurance should have a minimum coverage of €30,000. Also valid in other Schengen countries.
So can we call Germany a Schengen Country?
First of all, Germany is one of the countries in the Schengen Area. The Schengen countries have specific requirements regarding what insurance their embassies will accept before issuing a travel visa.
If you do need a Schengen Visa, you will likely want to consider a Schengen Visa travel insurance plan.
These plans are built specifically for travelers with unique needs who are traveling to the Schengen zone.
Who Needs a Valid Travel Insurance Policy for Germany? (Germany Travel Insurance)
The travel insurance policy is mandatory especially for those who need to apply for a German Schengen visa.
This travel policy just means for these individuals is that they need to have the necessary coverage for the entire period.
known Destinations & Tourist Attractions in Germany
Germany offers no shortage of activities, and you may be overwhelmed with all of the options available to you.
Best Destinations area to visit in Germany
- Brandenburg Gate, the Rebuilt Reichstag, Berlin Wall Memorial and Checkpoint Charlie, Charlottenburg Palace and Park Berlin is a tourist magnet.
- The Castle of Neuschwanstein: It is one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations.
- Dresden: The city Dresden is now a stunning city with many cultural institutions before WWII the city was called the Jewel Box.
- Cologne: The pretty cathedral of Cologne and numerous other attractions gather thousands of tourists every year in this city.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: A 13th-century city that looks like it has gotten straight out of a fairytale with its medieval centre.
Germany Travel Health Insurance for EU Nationals
If you are from another member state of the EU or EEA, then you can use your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when visiting Germany. Your EHIC will give you access to basic health care in Germany in the same manner as German citizens.
However, the EHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance, therefore you will likely also have to purchase a private travel insurance plan as well to have extra protection.
How to Get German Travel Insurance?
You have to purchase Germany Schengen visa travel insurance from a private health insurance company. Also, you can visit a local health insurance company in your country or you can purchase it online.
Understanding the German Health Care System
The most important thing to know about the German health care system is that it is mandatory. All nationals and temporary residents in Germany have to pay for health insurance every month.
However, the cost of health insurance in Germany comes down to two main factors:
- Your income and employment status
- Whether you are paying for Public or Private health insurance.
German Travel Health Insurance Requirements (Germany Travel Insurance)
Visitors have to get travel health insurance that’s in line with Schengen requirements.
Then, German travel health insurance must follow these specifications:
- It must have a minimum coverage of at least €30,000 per person.
- Must cover all other Schengen Area countries.
- It must cover the entire duration of your stay as well as the transit.
- Must cover any unexpected medical expenses such as urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment as well as repatriation.
Best ways to Choose Travel Medical Insurance for Foreigners in Germany
The steps to Choose Travel Medical Insurance below…
- Make sure it covers all the services mentioned above.
- Make sure it covers the whole territory of Schengen with a minimum coverage of €30,000.
- Check if they cover dangerous activities, such as motorcycling, scuba diving and even trekking, if you are planning to participate in such activities.
- Check how they work, with direct billing or reimbursement.
- Find out if they offer cheaper insurance plans for specific categories, and if you belong to any of those categories.
What Does Germany Travel Insurance Cover? (Germany Travel Insurance)
Most plans offer coverage for the following:
- Medical treatment: The amount of coverage depends on the specific plan. However, most Schengen travel insurance plans include doctor consultations, emergency treatment, surgery, prescription drugs and medicine, etc.
- Missed flight: If you missed your flight due to no fault of your own (ie. the airline rescheduled or had a delay) the insurance company will cover any expenses related to it.
- Repatriation of remains, in the case of death: (Overseas funeral expenses can also be included).
- Cancellation, interruption, or curtailment of your trip: If for some reason, your trip is canceled or interrupted, you will be covered for any lost expenses related to travel and or accommodation.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged possessions.
Although, sometimes Schengen travel health insurance does not cover:
- Pre-existing medical conditions.
- Medical incidents as a result of alcohol consumption.
- Accidents as a result of taking part in dangerous sports.
- Pregnancy and maternity.