Most people feel so bad and depressed when they could not do things like a normal person out there, people with disabilities always feel left out and out of the box because they feel something is really missing in their life, well this is not the time to start feeling depressed or down with thoughts, Google in this context has brought up a scholarship for students with disabilities which can be of help to anyone out there with a disability.
So why a Google Disability Scholarship?
Google is committed to helping the innovators (youths) of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships.
This scholarship comes in for Computer Science students with disabilities. They’ve partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Google’s education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology.
This will foster more growth by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
Also, in addition to that, Google seek to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science.
Finally, selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Amount (Scholarship for Students with Disabilities)
Recipients of the Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
Courses for the scholarship:
Requirements to get enrolled (Scholarship for Students with Disabilities)
The applicants are required to be enrolled at a university in Europe, studying computer-related studies.
The related studies in computer just like the above mentioned is; Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Informatics.
Candidates must show passion and exemplify leadership. A good purpose of taking disability taken into consideration is that it’s a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one’s daily functions.
To be eligible to apply, candidates or applicants must meet up with the below key points:
- Applicants must intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The Applicants must maintain a strong academic record.
Applicants must exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Applicants must be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university in Europe or Israel with a disability.
- The Applicants must be enrolled as full-time or part-time students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicants must be 18 year of age or older.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily residents in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Selection Rundown Process
1. Each application will be on evaluation and scored will be base on the following criteria (i) demonstration of passion to computer science; (ii) academic merit; and (iii) demonstration of leadership skills (iv) evidence of passion for computer science.
2. Every application that meets the Criteria will be review by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google judges. Then the best 10 applications is selected and approved by the panel of judges.
3. Notification of successful applicants will take place by 30th June 2022 by the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms and conditions.
4. Successful applicants will need to accept the scholarship terms within 14 days of notification by Google.
Application Process for this scholarship (Scholarship for Students with Disabilities)
Below are documents you are to submit for the scholarship…
|Type of documents||Document required to be submitted|
Explaining in Full details:
- Letter of recommendation is very important to submit before the deadline
- A technical essay is necessary (400-600 word limit)
- Typically an applicant’s essay should address the following:
- A brief overview of the problem
- Approach to the key technical challenges
- How you solved the problem
- CV/Resume – This might include teaching, tutoring, lecturing, mentoring, organizing summits, conferences, or workshops, supporting other disabled students in the field, or contributing to open source projects
- Official Transcripts– It should include an account of the grades and an explanation of the grading scale at their university
- All applications should be in PDF format when submitting.
Disability scholarships in US and Canada
- AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability – Scholarships for students with disabilities, who must be US citizens enrolled full-time as undergraduate or graduate students at any accredited US university.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AG Bell) College Scholarship Program – Merit-based scholarships for full-time students who are deaf or hard of hearing to study an undergraduate degree at a mainstream college or university. Open to students from both within and outside the US.
- Baer Reintegration Scholarship – Scholarships for US citizens who suffer from schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder and are currently receiving treatment for their illness. Eligible programs include high school equivalency programs, trade or vocational school programs, associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and graduate degrees.
- Flora Marie Jenkins Memorial Disability Scholarship – A scholarship for a disable US student who is currently enroll in an undergraduate program in the US.
- Microsoft DisAbility Scholarship – Scholarships for disabled high school seniors from any country to study an undergraduate program in a US university or technical college. You must have a passion for technology, show financial need and declare a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related subject.
- Google Lime Scholarship Program – Scholarships for disabled students from any country to study at any level at a Canadian or US university. You must be studying a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in related technical field.
- Shire Canada ADHD Scholarship Program – Scholarships for legal residents of Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, or Québec who have ADHD, to study at any accredited higher education institution in one of the aforementioned provinces.
- DisabilityAwards.ca – A searchable portal of financial awards for disabled students from Canada.
Disability scholarships in Europe (Scholarship for Students with Disabilities)
This is for people in Europe
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities – Scholarships for students who are either currently enroll or intend to be enroll in a European university as a full-time bachelor’s, master’s or PhD student. You must be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical subject.
- International University of Logistics and Transport (IULT) Wrocław Special Scholarship for Disabled Students – IULT offers a special scholarship for students with any level of disability, provided they submit medical evidence from a qualified medical doctor.
- Flying Scholarships for Disabled People (FSDP) – A charity which enables disabled people to learn how to fly. You can apply if you’re a UK resident, over 18, not in full-time education and allowed to drive by the DVLA.
- Goldsmiths Disabled Students’ Scholarships – Scholarships for UK nationals to study an undergraduate degree at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Snowden Trust Grants – The UK charity Snowden Trust awards grants for students with physical or sensory disabilities, of any nationality, to study at a UK college or university.
- Student Health Association Bursaries – Bursaries are available for disabled students who are either not eligible or were rejected when they applied for the UK government’s Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).
- University of Westminster Access Scholarship – A scholarship for a disabled student from the UK/EU who is enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree at the university.
- British Council Scholarships – Several UK scholarships and financial support schemes for international students with disabilities and special educational needs, run by UK or international governments, charities or businesses, or by the UK universities, colleges, and schools.
- Disability Rights UK Funding Higher Education for Disabled Students – Financial support for all undergraduate levels of study which covers tuition fees, living costs, and disability-related costs.
- Disability Grants Higher Education Grants for the Disabled – A list of funds, grants and scholarships for disabled students wishing to study in the UK.
- Google is reading to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for computer science students with disabilities
- Google partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
- The scholarship is applicable for computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university
Harvard Senior Executive Program Africa: Harvard Business School Leadership for Senior Executives
Harvard Senior Executive Program Africa; is a program that prepares young Africans to expand their leadership skills as well as knowledge of local, regional, and global markets. Also, they improve your ability to design and execute winning strategies, deliver innovative offerings, link-up with high-performance teams, and change that will make you ready to help your company drive growth in Africa’s dynamic markets. Leadership for Senior Executives program, opens your eyes to view leadership in five different roles: leader as beacon, leader as coach, leader as innovator, leader as change agent, and leader as architect. (more…)
Top Scholarships to Study in Canada: Best Scholarships for International Students
Are you are scholar? do you have an interest of travelling to Canada to further your education and perhaps get a huge job opportunities after studies, therefore if this is part of your dream then you should consider reading more of these article to see the available Top scholarships to study in Canada. In addition to that, there are some scholarships sponsored by the government while some are sponsored by some organizations within the country, either choice is still the best for scholarship to study in Canada. so, it will be best for you to meet up with the right documents and then submit before deadline for any scholarship you choose. (more…)
Google Computer Science Summer Institute: (CSSI) Computer Science Summer Extension
The society and the world will always be a better place when their is an organized body like Google that supports the youths to develop more on their knowledge and their talents especially in technology and its related fields, therefore a CSSI; Google computer science summer program institute is form to help students reach at the pic of their goal and take them to an advanced form. (more…)
Work Permit3 months ago
Jobs For College Students- Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students
Abroad Visa9 months ago
100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship – Official Sponsorship Approval
Featured4 months ago
Top 7 Guide on How to start up an organic farm in Nigeria
Study Abroad4 months ago
US Embassy Scholarships Awards for International and African Students
Featured7 months ago
Top 4 Tips on How to start a Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Abroad Visa4 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023 >> Where | When | How to Gain US Green Card Award
Featured3 months ago
Insurance Companies in USA: List of the Companies and their Coverage Terms
Featured4 months ago
Top 4 ways on How to grow spring onions without soil