Harvard Senior Executive Program Africa: Harvard Business School Leadership for Senior Executives
Harvard Senior Executive Program Africa; is a program that prepares young Africans to expand their leadership skills as well as knowledge of local, regional, and global markets. Also, they improve your ability to design and execute winning strategies, deliver innovative offerings, link-up with high-performance teams, and change that will make you ready to help your company drive growth in Africa’s dynamic markets. Leadership for Senior Executives program, opens your eyes to view leadership in five different roles: leader as beacon, leader as coach, leader as innovator, leader as change agent, and leader as architect.
What is a Senior Executive Program?
What is the Harvard Executive Program?
Does Harvard Business School have an Executive MBA?
An Overview of the Senior Executive Program
Yes, knowing fully well that this program makes you a leader in your organization, however the questions is can leaders make the right strategic decisions and leadership choices?
African countries face a distinct set of social, economic, and political conditions that create unique business challenges with opportunities.
Furthermore, the program helps applicants to gain a competitive advantage, businesses across the continent need exceptional, confident leaders.
Also, prepares you to expand your leadership skills as well as your knowledge of local, regional, and global markets.
HBS offers this program in partnership with the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) of the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Raw Benefits from the Program (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
This program enables rapidly growing organizations to drive business momentum through more effective leadership.
Therefore, gaining deeper insight into the best practices of successful business leaders, you will be better equipped to lead effectively and help your organization achieve goals in all business movements.
However, below are the key points of what the program offers…
- Implement changes that align your organization for optimal execution.
- Improve your organization’s ability to innovate.
- Design an effective strategy for business growth in an African context within your country or across borders.
- Differentiate your offerings and deliver more value to customers.
- Build a sustainable, accountable organization with greater transparency and stronger governance.
- Develop enduring bonds with accomplished peers from across the African continent.
Attendees for the Program
Participants typically represent growth-oriented organizations, they can be as an:
- Established private or state-owned companies
- Local, multinational, or pan-African businesses
- Growing family businesses
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government agencies, especially those working closely with the private sector
NOTE: Participants might include CEOs, CFOs, business line heads, or other senior members of a company’s executive team, as well as directors general of government agencies.
A limited amount of partial scholarship funding may be available for qualified applicants from not-for-profit organizations. Please include a request for funding in your application.
Quality Skills You learn from the Senior Executive Program (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
- Understand the five roles of leaders (beacon, coach, innovator, change agent, and architect)
- Evaluate your leadership style and how you give and receive feedback
- Understand and leverage your leadership strengths
2. Expand your personal and professional network
- Extend your network by living and working with accomplished executives from various backgrounds, industries, and countries across the globe
- Build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
3. Build your contextual intelligence (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
- Analyze how the environmental context influences how your organization operates and competes
- Sharpen your contextual intelligence on a micro level (e.g., adapt your style to motivate and inspire your team) and macro level (e.g., leverage your awareness of the competitive landscape to make strategic decisions)
- Build your personal versatility and enhance the adaptability of your organization
4. Improve how your organization responds to change
- Discover new ways to lead organizational change
- Identify the factors that are standing in the way of innovation
- Learn from stories about organizations that have successfully or unsuccessfully adapted to change
5. Maximize talent in your organization (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
- Apply strategies for leveraging and retaining talent
- Create an environment that brings out the best in your team
6. Take innovation to the next level
- Create a context that encourages the development of both bottom-up and top-down ideas for improvement
- Integrate design-thinking principles into your innovation practices
- Evaluate whether your culture is conducive to innovation and the “collective genius”
Procedure & Admissions Criteria and Process
Application Process (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
To apply, you will submit:
- The application, telling us about your experience, your organization, and your current responsibilities, goals, and challenges
- A letter of reference from someone familiar with your work
Letter of Reference
Application Submission (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
Modules: (Harvard Senior Executive Program)
Module 1: 27 March – 01 April 2022 (GIBS Campus, Johannesburg, South Africa)
The Module 2: 02 April – 02 July 2022 (Virtual, Self-Paced Learning)
Module 3: 03 – 08 July 2022 (HBS Campus, Boston, United States)