How Old do You have to be to Work at Best Buy: Best Buy Application Jobs & Career Info
Questions like “how old do you have to be to work at Best Buy?” or “what Job positions are available at Best Buy?” continually surface on online forums and sites because young workers want to learn more about available job positions and if they qualify to get them. As a youngster, you might already have your sights on getting a job and earning some money. Best Buy is one of the most popular consumer electronics retailers in the USA, and for reasons best known to you, you have chosen to apply for a job position there.
If this is true, you are reading the right article because this article features specific information about everything you need to know about working in Best Buy.
But to quickly answer that question, you need to be at least 16 years old to work at Best Buy. That said, here are other things you need to know before getting a job at Best Buy.
More About the Best buy
Best Buy was founded by two business partners, namely Richard M. Schulze and James wheeler. The first Best Buy was established as the “sound of music” in the year 1996 as an electronic audio store.
Since its startup, Best Buy has established itself down centuries to be one of the best consumer electronics retailers around the world.
The Best Buy franchise is known to sell consumer electronics and varieties of related commodities such as games, video cameras, home appliances, mobile devices, and so on.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Best Buy?
Best Buy is a company that is very much interested in employing young individuals who are willing and eager to work for them.
Best Buy makes it compulsory that individuals applying should be at least 16 years of age before they are considered as eligible candidates for employment.
Therefore, ensure you’ve reached the age of 16 before applying for a job position at Best Buy.
Best Buy Job Positions And Salary Information (How Old do You have to be to Work at Best Buy)
The following are the most common job positions at Best buy and their respective average salaries per hour and some per year.
Sales Consultant $12.81/ hour
The Sales Associate $11.64/ hour
Sales Representative $13.89/ hour
Sales Manager $14.57/ hour
The Sales Lead $11.99/ hour
Merchandising Specialist $30,656/ year
Inventory Specialist $30,820/ year
Asset Protection Associate $31,217/ year
Cashier $13.74/ hour
Retail Sales Associate $12.29/ hour
Loading and Stocking
Warehouse Worker $16.84/ hour
Merchandise Processor $18.72/ hour
Inventory Associate $10.78/ hour
Forklift Operator $17.38/ hour
Delivery Helper $16.63/ hour
Customer Service Position at Best Buy
The Customer Service Representative $24,113/year
Customer Specialist $33,199/ year
Sales Support Representative $11.31/ hour
Customer Service Manager $44,737/ year
Customer Assistant $9.85/ hour
Management Position at Best Buy
General Manager $71,663/ year
Supervisor $41,098/ year
Consultant $32,585/ year
Project Specialist $12.75/ hour
Assistant Manager $33,920/ year
How to Apply for a Job at Best Buy
If you want to apply for a job position at Best buy, they prefer that you make them online. You can search for specific jobs that are available and see their requirements on the company’s website.
You can also submit your resume and an application letter without specifying any job positions. Best buy would simply just choose a suitable position for you if you are considered for employment.
How to Apply for Employment at Best Buy (How Old do You have to be to Work at Best Buy)
Applications for employment at Best Buy can be submitted online through Best Buy’s Career Center regardless of the position you are applying.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 16 years of age. The increased age requirements allows all employees to work until store closing.
- Hours of Operation: Most Best Buy locations are open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The stores open at 10 a.m. on Friday and Saturday and close at 10 p.m. Sunday hours are generally shorter because family time is important to Best Buy. Employees can expect to work from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays.
- Methods of Application: At Best Buy candidates can apply online and the application process makes it easy to submit your information and land an interview.
Best Buy positions for several personality types
- Customer Service Associate – Handle merchandise returns, exchanges and trades, partner with Geek Squad, provide friendly customer service. The average customer service associate makes $20,000 per year.
- Front End Leader – Support assistant store manager, oversee back office leader, adhere to the standard operating procedure. The average front end leader makes $12 per hour.
- Geek Squad Advanced Repair Agent – Quickly and accurately diagnose technology issues, repair consumer electronics, educate employees on Geek Squad services. The average advanced repair agent makes between $13 and $14 per hour.
- Geek Squad Autotech Car Installer – Install mobile electronic components, offer technical assistance, maintain knowledge of consumer electronics. Autotech car installer makes between $13 and $14 per hour.
- Asset Protection Associate – Ensure safe and secure working environment, resolve hazards, investigate accidents. The average asset protection associate makes between $10 and $11 per hour.
- Assistant Manager-in-Training – Supervise sales team, motivate employees, follow training procedures. An assistant manager-in-training can expect to earn $55,000 by the time they are promoted to assistant manager.
- Assistant Store Manager – Oversee human resources, ensure quality customer service, act as manager on duty. The average assistant store manager makes between $55,000 and $60,000 per year.
- Back Office Leader – Order supplies, open and close store, create store schedules. The average back office leader makes between $25,000 and $30,000 per year.
- Connections Specialist – Train Best Buy team to recommend right solutions for customers, suggest services to customers. The average connections specialist makes $11 per hour.
- Geek Squad Cadet – Travel to customer homes, up-sell products and services, test products. The average Geek Squad cadet makes between $13 and $14 per hour.
- Mobile Sales Consultant – Close gaps in customer’s technology, provide personalized service, handle contracts, warranties and payments. The average mobile sales consultant makes $20,000 per year.
- Sales Consultant – Engage customers in conversations, inspire customers with new technology, stay current with department news. The average sales consultant makes between $9 and $10 per hour.
- Sales Supervisor – Drive profits, resolve customer complaints, execute sales strategies. The average sales supervisor makes between $35,000 and $40,000 per year.
- Team Leader – Coach sales associates, provide input to store manager, create positive customer experiences. The average team leader makes between $13 and $14 per hour.
- Geek Squad Consultation Agent – Become a solutions expert, engage customers, become a Best Buy brand ambassador. The average Geek Squad agent makes between $13 and $14 per hour.
- General Manager – Conduct store meetings, hire new employees, actively participate in the community. The average general manager makes more than $90,000 per year.
- Mobile Lead Sales Consultant – Train new mobile staff members, sell products and services, build relationships with customers. The average mobile lead sales consultant makes between $13 and $14 per hour.