How Old do You have to be to Work at Walgreens: The Walgreens Job Application Process
You’ve probably made up your mind to apply for a job there, but must have asked yourself, “How old do you have to be to work at Walgreens?” or “what are the job requirements to work at Walgreens?”As a young job seeker, are you dreaming of a chance to work at Walgreens, one of the largest pharmacy retailers in the United States of America? I bet you are!, Meanwhile lets take you through these process so that you will know more about the Walgreens.
Working at Walgreens is like working almost other retail outlets, except for the fact that many of the people you see will be ill or sick. So if you don’t like being around sick people, this is not the job for you for the meantime.
In today’s article, we will answer your questions concerning the Walgreens minimum hiring age, as well as other aspects of the company that concerns getting employed there. But first, let’s get to know more about Walgreens.
Walgreens is an American company that operates as a pharmacy store chain in diverse locations around the world. They specialize in merchandise retailing, filling prescriptions, health care services, health information, and so on.
Walgreen was founded in 1901 by a man called Charles R.walgreen in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Today Walgreens manages more than 9,000 in the U.S alone.
How Old Do You Have to Be To Work At Walgreens
People that are seeking job opportunities at Walgreen, frequently want to know the minimum hiring age the company requires.
Like many other companies, Walgreens’ minimum hiring age is 16 years, so eligible young job seekers can apply for job positions at the age of 16.
Job positions that are managerial in nature and include pharmaceutical services may have a higher minimum hiring age at Walgreens, which sometimes differs from state to state but falls typically between the ages of 18 and 21.
Hiring Process and Steps (How Old do You have to be to Work at Walgreens)
Note: Both online and offline methods of applying for a job at Walgreens is available. There are three different ways to submit your application.
- The first being an in-store application form, second on LinkedIn profile, and thirdly on the company website. You need to create an account of ours at the company website and have or create one on LinkedIn to apply for positions.
- If you are making an online submission, you shall have to go to your nearest store and give a skill assessment.
- Once your application has been approved, you shall be called in for the interview.
- Dress in formals, visit the store confidently and be patient for your turn as there could be many seeking applicants like you.
- Have a printed copy of your resume in hand. Re-read the asked question in your mind and then answer it wisely to pass through.
- Once you have passed the interview, you shall have to prove your skills for the required position you have applied for.
- If you pass this step, you shall be eligible for the job and shall only undergo the orientation and training, which is a paid one.
- Depending on the store’s location and its hiring manager, the entire process can take a minimum of 5 days to 20 days.
Various Job Positions And Salaries At Walgreens
The following are the most common jobs at Walgreens and their respective average salary rate per hour.
Assistant Store Manager $17.26/ hour
Cashier $13.33/ hour
Customer Service Associate / Cashier $11.83/hour
Store Manager $14.34/ hour
Cashier/Sales $10.97/ hour
Beauty Consultant $13.51/ hour
Sales Associate $10.94/ hour
The Sales Representative $9.19/ hour
Sales Lead $9.36/ hour
Customer Service Representative $11.86/ hour
Call Center Representative $13.09/ hour
Customer Service Technician $13.06/ hour
Senior Customer Service Representative $14.64/ hour
Front Desk Agent $15.97/ hour
Pharmacy Technician $13.96/ hour
Certified Pharmacy Technician $15.72/ hour
Pharmacist 12 salaries reported $47.24/ hour
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician $17.20/ hour
Senior Pharmacy Technician $16.96/ hour
Shift Leader $14.73/ hour
Assistant Manager $17.64/ hour
Shift Manager $14.48/ hour
Manager $13.86/ hour
Management Trainee $16.36/ hour
Job Requirements at Walgreens
Apart from the minimum age requirements at Walgreens. Applicants for entry-level job positions such as customer service associates, do not have to possess extensive academic certification to get the job most of the time. All they just need is their high school diploma and a successful interview.
Generally, job positions that are higher or that are managerial in nature will require that you have adequate experience and academic certifications, in order to get them.
Note: Most Walgreens In-Store opportunities require a high school degree or some equivalent.
However, If you want to work in the Pharmacy, you’ll need additional certificate in that field.
Most certificates that you can add up to your portfolio
- Home Health Care Department Lead – Leads the Home Health Care department and make sure the customers are getting the information they need. $19/hr.
- Pharmacy Intern – Work in the pharmacy under the lead of the Pharmacy Technicians. $13/hr.
- LOOK Boutique Associate – Help the Beauty Advisor plan the perfect look for customers. $16/hr.
- Photo Specialist – Helps develop and print customers’ photos. $9/hr.
- Pharmacy Technician – Fills prescriptions and recommends over-the-counter medication. $15/hr.
- Customer Service Associate – Works the cash register, keeps store clean, helps customers find products. $8/hr.
- Assistant Store Manager Trainee – Studies the store and the manager’s reactions to things in order to learn how to become an Assistant Manager. $16/hr.*
- Beauty Advisor – Works in the makeup department and advises the customers on what makeup would look best of them. $15/hr.
- Home Health Care Sales Consultant – Sells Home Health Care/Durable Health Care items for customers that need them. $16/hr.
- Shift Lead – Manages a shift of employees, usually overnight. $16/hr.
- Assistant Manager – Runs the store, keeps it clean, provides reports for the Manager. $18/hr.
- Store Manager – Runs the store, works with Assistant Manager to implement new store policies.
Benefits of Working at Walgreens (How Old do You have to be to Work at Walgreens)
Walgreens employment benefits include:
Paid time off
Furthermore, eligible workers can equally be enrolled in 401(k) retirement plans.
Walgreens Questions and Answers
Now, watch the short video below to see some of the popular Walgreens questions and answers:
How To Apply For A Job At Walgreens
If you are interested in working at Walgreens, you can simply apply online through their company’s career website.
You can also apply by simply walking into any of their stores that you prefer to work at, to apply in-person, but keep in mind that this option is not available in all their stores.
Therefore let us categorically do this the way it should be:
Application Information(How Old do You have to be to Work at Walgreens)
- Age Requirement: You must be at least 16 to work at Walgreens, but many of the positions require a high school diploma or a GED. So, unless you are an early graduate, many locations will not allow you to work for them.
- Hours of Operation: Here just know that many Walgreens are open 24/7, so you’ll probably be expected to work the night shift at some point. Some Walgreens are only open 7 AM to 9 PM.
- Steps to Apply: You can apply in-store, on a rare basis, but it is highly preferred that you apply through the Walgreens website.
- Walgreens’ Career website: For you to apply, you’ll need to apply through Walgreens’ Career website, you can either search for “Job” in the search box at the top of the webpage, or you can just Google it directly to their website. Go to the top of the page, and click on “Career Areas” section and choose “In-Store.” The website will take you to an account creation page
If you’re still asking the question: How old do you have to be to work at Walgreens, we hope that this guide has given you all the information you need.
Now, if you met the Walgreen hiring age requirement, which is 16 years, then you should go ahead and apply for a job at the company right away. Who knows, you might end up getting your dream job instantly.
Whichever, we wish you good luck.