US and Canada Student’s ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships in Switzerland
If you are an African or an international student who wants to speed up their education level to a higher platform therefore this is the opportunity you have been waiting for because a study in US and Canada students ThinkSwiss Research scholarship[ will make you go more higher and bag up your portfolio with good quality certificate for future use and for more link up with many industries. Applications is now acceptable for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships in Switzerland for American and Canadian students for the year 2022.
Now if you are very much interested in this, let me walk you down the line as you read through to tap more knowledge about this scholarship.
The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for American and Canadian students and to foster more unity. The unity or exchange is between these countries Swiss, U.S., and Canadian universities and research institution.
US and Canada Student’s ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for American and Canadian students and to foster the exchange between Swiss, U.S., and Canadian universities and research institutions.
ThinkSwiss is an official scholarship program that can be manage by the Office of Science, Technology, and Higher Education at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C.
The program funds is complete by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and in cooperation with the Embassy of Switzerland in Ottawa, Canada.
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the research areas offered.
- Scholarship Award: The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum). Please note that this amount covers only a portion of the average student’s living expenses and that you will be ask to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can be giving out (see information on visa below). All ThinkSwiss scholarship winners will receive notification by February 28, 2019, and must accept or decline the scholarship by March 15, 2019.
- Nationality: All students enrolled at accredited U.S. or Canadian universities are eligible independently of nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
Eligible Countries: All students enrolled at accredited U.S. or Canadian universities are eligible independently of nationality.
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship you must:
- Currently, be enroll at any US or Canadian university/college with accreditation service.
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student who will have completed their sophomore year by the time their research stay in Switzerland begins.
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that they will accept you for a research stay in their group
English Language Requirements: In Switzerland, undergraduate courses are usually taught in the respective region’s national language (German, French or Italian) and graduate programs are often offered in English.
However, for a research stay in Switzerland national language skills is surely in recognition, as the working language will generally be English. Knowledge of any Swiss national language would, of course, be helpful for daily life.
How to Apply: The application and all supporting documents must be sent in one PDF file to was.science-at-eda.admin.ch by January 15, 2022. In order to be acceptable for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- An introduction page with:
- Your first name and last name as it appears on your travel documents
- The accredited university in the U.S. or in Canada at which you are currently enrolled
- The name of your host university in Switzerland, including the involved institute and the name of your host professor o The dates and the length of stay (at least two, but up to three months in total)
- Your field of research
- Your e-mail address (one that will remain valid for a longer period of time and that you check on a regular basis!)
Alternative to this… ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
- A research project outline (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agree on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be award the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future (please keep this within 3-4 pages)
- A CV (no more than two pages).
- A copy of your current university transcripts and diplomas (if applicable).
- Job certificates or references that can confirm the work experience outlined in your
- A letter of acceptance from the professor in Switzerland (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research).
- Finally, the student needs to have a letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities.
A Complete Application Rundown Process
A complete application requires:
- Cover letter
- Letter of acceptance by a professor at a Swiss university into his/her research group
- A current official university/college transcript
- A letter of reference from a senior academic in your field of study.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships Regulations (A little abiding rules)
Below are the various categories of regulations carry out by Thinkswiss Research scholarship…
Additional funding (ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships)
ThinkSwiss does not cover all expenses as long as the process of acquiring additional funds does not delay the timeframe of your stay. Please note that research internships at Swiss host institutions are usually unpaid.
Obtaining admission to the Host University
Please note that obtaining the scholarship does not mean that the student has acquired a specific status and,
that the awardees must comply with the host university’s policies.
Each recipient is in charge of contacting the international office of his/her host university in Switzerland to finalize his/her registration.
Payment of the scholarship
Firstly, ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a stipulated amount according to the period of your stay of the candidate or student.
Therefore, a students need a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800maximum).
However, these list amount covers only a portion of the average student’s living expenses and that you will be ask to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can be receivable. still on the same note, all ThinkSwiss scholarship winners will be notified.
Therefore the whole amount of the scholarship money will receivable to the bank account of the recipient shortly before the departure date.
Timeframe of your stay (ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships)
The applicant is free to schedule research anytime between May 1, 2022 and December 1, 2022, with a
starting date of your research internship no later than December 1, 2022.
Furthermore, most students choose to go abroad during the summer as this period falls between regular university semesters.
However, in Switzerland the semester break is approximately from June to mid-September and that during this time
universities are less busy.
Multiple applications (ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships)
Note: If you are get the permission to receive a ThinkSwiss research scholarship, you cannot apply a second time. However, if your first application was not successful you can be able to apply again.
However, if you have received a ThinkSwiss summer school travel grant, you are not eligible for a ThinkSwiss research scholarship.
Finally, to ensure diversity among our ThinkSwiss awardees, the number of available research scholarships
is limited to a maximum of two spots for each university.
More link up on the site (
The last four requirements (points 4-7) on the list above can be sent separately to email@example.com by universities and references themselves.
However, all requested documents (points 1-7) must be sent by January 15, 2019 which is the final deadline for the completion of the application process. Scholarship Link