Do you wish to travel to Europe?? do you know there are good insurance policies you can really enjoy as you travel to work in Europe, therefore if truly you want to reside or stay in Europe the Schengen visa insurance has got you covered, hence the travel insurance for Schengen visa has a lot of benefits for its insured so why not take a step towards learning more about the Schengen visa and its requirements.
There are easy ways to help you to select and purchase your travel insurance online. Your insurance will be ready in a matter of minutes with insurance certificates.
What Is Schengen Visa Insurance?
Therefore let’s break it down for fuller understanding… Schengen visa insurance covers expenses arising from an accident, injury, illness or death while the policyholder is visiting the Schengen Area.
This insurance provides you with travel and medical insurance for all the 26 countries that make up the Schengen Area.
However, there is a complete list of countries that you can visit with Schengen insurance (provided you have a visa): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Companies Offering Best Schengen Visa Insurance
Here is a list of companies offering the best travel insurance for Schengen Visa:
- AXA Schengen
- Europ Assistance
Who Needs A Schengen Visa Insurance?
Remember that it will be nice if you purchase a legit Schengen visa with also a Schengen visa insurance.
However, this section includes citizens of more than 100 countries; such as Cambodia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Haiti, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
Countries that are exempted from the visa requirement include the United States, Canada, Israel, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
Who Sells Schengen Visa Insurance? (Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa)
There are many sellers out there, but this article will list few of the best…sellers of Schengen visa insurance include AXA and Europ Assistance.
Note: AXA’s coverage carries no age limit. It sells coverage to citizens of any country.
Why You need travel insurance to visit Europe?
A requirement for obtaining a Schengen Visa is to have insurance covering you in all states in the Schengen Area. This will include a move up to medical costs of €30,000.
Although, not all travelers require a Schengen Visa to travel to Schengen Area. Yes, countries including the U.S.A., Mexico, Brazil, and Canada have visa-free arrangements with the Schengen Zone.
It is pretty much advisable for you to obtain insurance as all your medical costs, or those you may incur should something go wrong.
Can Schengen Visa Insurance Plans Cover COVID-19? (Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa)
Yes, some Schengen insurance policies cover COVID-related illness, provided on a certain condition. This will be that when you travel, you respect the laws and regulations of your country’s government and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Therefore, the COVID-19 insurance covers the following:
- Health emergencies related to COVID-19, including medical treatment, medication, and hospitalization.
- PCR test (sometimes).
Note: Expenses related to quarantine requirements, such as accommodation, are not covered.
Does Schengen insurance cover countries other than those in the Schengen Area ?
If you plan to travel to countries outside the Schengen Area, you will need to get insured there for the period of stay. Although this will not affect your Schengen travel insurance covering you while inside the area.
Is it possible to get a refund if my Schengen Visa application is refused?
For this to be possible, you will need to provide documentation from the embassy, consulate, or visa application center. This is where you stating the reason for the refusal.
Schengen Visa Insurance Requirements
Medical insurance for a Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum coverage of at least 30,000 EUR (equivalent to 35,290 USD as of August 2021).
- It should cover all member states of the Schengen Area.
- Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent health attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.
Exemptions to a Schengen Insurance Policy (Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa)
Every travel insurance company is different; however, there are ones that offer to cover additional costs if necessary. The exemptions include:
- Preexisting conditions (e.g. Asthma, diabetes)
- Sports with an element of risk (e.g. skiing, scuba diving)
- Travel to high-risk countries (e.g. Due to war, natural disasters or acts of terrorism)
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions – It means a sudden and unexpected occurrence of pre-existing medical conditions without any warning from a health care professional.
Reasons why you choose Axa, Mondialcare or Europ Assistance as Your Travel Insurance to Europe?
- They meet all Schengen visa requirements
- All these companies are top leaders in the travel insurance industry
- Ideal for
- Visitors or guests (visitor visa)
- Business travellers (business visa)
- Tourists (tourist visa)
- Group visitors (visitor visa for travel groups)
- Immediately download your Insurance Certificate / Letter
- Reimbursement in case of visa refusal (free of charge subject to presentation of proof that a visa has been refused).
Coverage of Travel Health Insurance Policy Usually (Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa)
A good travel insurance policy for Europe should cover the following costs:
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Flight connection missed due to airline schedule crash
- Medical emergency (accident or sickness) while in the Schengen Area
- Emergency evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Return of a minor
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Usually, the insurers cover pregnancy-related expenses, if the travel occurs during the first trimester. After that, insurance coverage varies from insurer to insurer.
- Travel delays due to weather
Things that Schengen Insurance does Not Cover
Below are things that the Schengen visa does not cover….
- When you need a medical attention as a result of intoxication (alcohol or drug consumption).
- If you need medical attention because you took part in adventurous or extreme sports, such as bungee jumping, motor racing, etc.
- If you need medical treatment due to a pre-existing condition such as diabetes, cancer, or any lingering previous injuries.
- Medical treatment that is not an emergency.
- If you need medical attention as a result of a natural disaster.
- If you have travelled to an area that is considered high risk (there is conflict, political unrest, an epidemic, etc).
Complete Tips on how to Buy Schengen Visa Insurance (Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa)
- Complete the online application form: You have to give your name, nationality, age, destination, and the dates of travel.
- Select which plan you want: There is usually more than one plan available. You can read the benefits of each plan to find one suited to your needs. For example, if you purchase through MondialCare, one of the leading insurance companies, there are two available policies you can subscribe to.
- Make the payment: You can usually pay by a credit/debit card or through PayPal. The cost of the insurance plan depends on the information you provided (age, length of trip) as well as the plan you chose.
- Download and print the Insurance Certificate: You need this to hand in to the Embassy when you apply for a visa. It will be in PDF format.
Top Bad Credit Loans: Instant Loans with No Credit Check and Online Approval
Are you experiencing a sure top bad credit loans? Yea, there are far more stressful experiences in life, but the financial ones can be crucial as life and death. A financial emergency may have a devastating toll on you in more ways than one. So much so that if you don’t solve it, you may lose valuable possessions, leave loved ones, or end up homeless. Whatever the case, if you are struggling with bad credit, on top of that, getting a quick loan from a regular bank can sound like a fantasy scenario. However, you can overcome this peculiar challenge and regain your happiness through lending platforms. (more…)
Antarctica Travel Insurance: Insurance Requirements, Policies, Logistics & Expeditions in Antarctica
Do you know about Antarctica? have you ever travelled to Antarctica? well if you have the opportunity to travel to Antarctica then i will advise you to accept this offer and make a trip to Antarctica but it will be nice to to get an Antarctica travel insurance so as to keep you safe and secure as you travel to the country (Antarctica). Antarctica travel insurance can help cover trip cancellation, curtailment, or interruption as the case may be. (more…)
Ecuador Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance Requirements and Guides on Travelling to Ecuador
Do you love south American countries? do you know Ecuador? If you have interest for this then get an Ecuador travel insurance today and travel to one of the South American countries that the world recognizes with good technologies, research centers and places where your business can expand and move to the next level. However you must try to meet up with the right travel requirements for your trip to Ecuador. It (Ecuador) is a country of extensive and unique wildlife as well as unusual natural monuments, famed rainforests like the Amazon as well as some spectacular active volcanoes. (more…)
Work Permit3 months ago
Jobs For College Students- Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students
Abroad Visa9 months ago
100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship – Official Sponsorship Approval
Featured4 months ago
Top 7 Guide on How to start up an organic farm in Nigeria
Study Abroad4 months ago
US Embassy Scholarships Awards for International and African Students
Featured7 months ago
Top 4 Tips on How to start a Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Abroad Visa4 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023 >> Where | When | How to Gain US Green Card Award
Featured3 months ago
Insurance Companies in USA: List of the Companies and their Coverage Terms
Featured4 months ago
Top 4 ways on How to grow spring onions without soil